Sound Beach Music Lesson Information
Q: How much do lessons cost?
A: Lessons are $28 a half hour.
Q: What if I have to cancel?
A: A lesson canceled with advance notice should be made up. If a missed lesson cannot be made up, the students account will be credited. The times by which a lesson must be canceled are as follows:
~For lessons scheduled at 2pm or before-by 5pm the night before.
~For lessons scheduled after 2pm-by 10am the day of the lesson.
~If the lesson is not canceled by that time, the student must pay for the lesson, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
Q: Who are the instructors?
A: All of our instructors are
highly qualified. Please click
for more information.
Q: Do you offer NYSSMA
Yes. All of our instructors are
qualified to thoroughly explain what
NYSSMA is, why it is an important
part of music education, and exactly
what to expect when you get there.
The student will be prepared and set
at ease for the real experience.
Q: Do you offer
A: Yes. We
have an annual summer recital with
performances by students who are
taking lessons at that time. Sign up
is first-come first-serve, pending
Q: How old does my child have to be?
A: It depends on the child and the instrument. Some are more ready for lessons at a younger age than others. Some children may start piano at 5 or 6, while for other instruments 7 or 8 is appropriate.
Q: Do I have to have an instrument to take lessons?
A: Yes. We sell and rent all instruments for which we offer lessons.
Q: Do I have to schedule lessons for every week?
A: Yes. It is better for learning an instrument and also for the teachers schedule.
Q: May I take more than a half hour a week?
A: Yes! Many students take one hour lessons and some even take lessons on more than one instrument.
Sound Beach Music Lesson Policy Agreement
1. The times by which a lesson must be cancelled are as follows:
- For lessons scheduled at 2pm or before - by 5pm the night before.
- For lessons scheduled after 2pm - by 10am the day of the lesson.
- If the lesson is not cancelled by that time, the student must pay for the lesson, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
- To cancel a lesson, please notify a staff person (not the teacher.)
2. Sound Beach Music (SBM) will automatically schedule the student at his/her regular time each week unless SBM is notified in advance that the student is missing a lesson or is stopping. SBM reserves the right to remove the student from the schedule in case of excessive cancellations or non-payment. If a teacher cancels, a substitute may be provided.
3. A lesson cancelled with advance notice should be made up. If a missed lesson cannot be rescheduled the student's account will be credited.
4. Lesson fees are due to be paid, in advance, at the last lesson of the month for the next calendar month.
5. We are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day (Sunday and Monday), Independence Day, Labor Day (Sunday and Monday), Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. There will be lessons on all other days including school holidays unless prior notice is given by SBM.